What is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist (RHN)?
A Registered Holistic Nutritionist (RHN) is a professional trained in Natural Nutrition and complementary therapies, whose principal function is to educate individuals and groups about the benefits and health impact of optimal nutrition. RHN’s work with their clients to identify and help correct the nutritional causes of diseases/symptoms and they are qualified to design personal and lifestyle programs that optimize health. A holistic nutritionist considers each client’s individual needs such as mind, body and spirit.
A RHN may help you with the following:
- Improve your level of health
- Experience overall increase in energy
- Learn to shop for and prepare food that promotes wellness
- Replace unhealthy eating habits with healthy eating habits
- Become aware of what you are eating and how it impacts your health
- Learn how to balance the nutritional needs of the body
- Make sense out of conflicting theories of nutrition
- Understand the consequences of specific food choices
- Learn how to make choices appropriate to your needs
- Food allergy education
- Prepare your body for pregnancy prior to conception
- Nutritional needs during pregnancy, post partum and lactation
- Education about the nutritional causes of digestive disorders
- Nutrition and lifestyle coaching for healthy weight loss
- Learn about the bad mood foods
- How to raise happy and healthy babies, toddlers and teenagers
- Managing mental health disorders
A nutritional practitioner works with you to determine your unique nutritional needs and then develops a program that is right for you.
In order to be your best, you have to eat your best. Making poor food choices has a negative impact on your organs, internal functions, energy levels and your mental, emotional and spiritual well being. When your health fails, you feel as though your whole life fails. You are blessed with one body and it is so important to learn how to fuel it optimally.